Corey Vidal and moosebutter have been nominated for a People's Choice Award, from CBS! You and everyone you know can vote daily until Jan 7th here:
Click on 'vote now' and scroll to the 'Favorite User Generated Video' category.
FAQ About Star Wars - there's a lot of confusion about the origin of the Star Wars song, since many people are attributing it solely to Corey Vidal. Here is information to clear up the mis-information, which we have little hope that the people who need it will read it.
- Music is from 6 different not-Star Wars movies, all written by John Williams.
- Words are paraphrased or directly from the original Star Wars trilogy, by George Lucas, et al.
- Song was arranged spring 1999 by Josh Slagowski and Bryant Smith, original members of moosebutter, in Salt Lake City, UT. Parts were re-arranged later by Mister Tim (Tim Y. Jones)
- Song was recorded in 2000 by Josh, Bryant, and Tim, and re-recorded in 2002 by Tim, Chris, Glen, and Weston, the new cast of moosebutter.
- There have been almost 50 different cast members of moosebutter since 1999, including subs and special guests. About half of those have sung Star Wars.
- Corey Vidal contacted us in summer 2008 to ask permission to produce his video. We said yes.
- WHAM BAM internet explosion.
- Corey is lip-synching to the 2002 studio recording of moosebutter. It was recorded at June Audio, Provo, UT. Corey filmed his video in his kitchen.
- moosebutter filmed their response video in November 2008. Corey was the most vocal supporter of us producing the new video, and he graciously posted it to his popular YouTube channel to generate more views.
- At the time of posting, Corey's video has more than 3.2 million more views than moosebutter's. That's because Corey is cuter, and smells better.